One of the oldest Reform Congregations in the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), Temple B’nai Sholom is located in the historic Twickenham District in downtown Huntsville, Alabama. Our beautifully-maintained historic building is the oldest synagogue in continuous use in Alabama.
Our congregation is a dynamic and diverse community where newcomers are always welcome to share our worship services, holiday celebrations, special events, and adult education classes. Temple B’nai Sholom has something for everyone:
- NACHAS – Community religious school for children Kindergarten through Confirmation. Open to all members of the North Alabama Jewish community.
- PARDES – Weekday preschool open to children of all faiths
- Temple Sisterhood – Supports the Temple in various projects, provides Jewish camp scholarships, holds a monthly Torah study group, participates in many community mitzvah projects, and more!
- Adult Education classes – Introduction to Judaism, Shabbat study sessions, and more.
- Temple Concert Series – Brings a variety of music – jazz, classical, & pop – to our historic sanctuary.
- Membership – We offer two types of membership – resident & non-resident.
- Temple Times – Learn more about Temple activities in our monthly newsletter, The Temple Times. Read the current newsletter (PDF format).
- We want your comments & suggestions! Download our suggestion form and/or review our Suggestion Policies and Procedures
We invite you to browse through our site and join us for worship!
Temple secretary Mrs. Rae Tardif is in the temple office Monday – Friday 9am- 1pm.
For web content updates, please contact the Webmaster.