One of the oldest Reform Congregations in the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), Temple B’nai Sholom is located in the historic Twickenham District in downtown Huntsville, Alabama. Our beautifully-maintained historic building is the oldest synagogue in continuous use in Alabama.
Our congregation is a dynamic and diverse community where newcomers are always welcome to share our worship services, holiday celebrations, special events, and adult education classes. Temple B’nai Sholom has something for everyone:
- NACHAS – Community religious school for children Kindergarten through Confirmation. Open to all members of the North Alabama Jewish community.
- PARDES – Weekday preschool open to children of all faiths
- Temple Sisterhood – Supports the Temple in various projects, provides Jewish camp scholarships, holds a monthly Torah study group, participates in many community mitzvah projects, and more!
- Adult Education classes – Introduction to Judaism, Shabbat study sessions, and more.
- Temple Concert Series – Brings a variety of music – jazz, classical, & pop – to our historic sanctuary.
- Membership – We offer two types of membership – resident & non-resident.
- Temple Times – Learn more about Temple activities in our monthly newsletter, The Temple Times. Read the current newsletter (PDF format).
- We want your comments & suggestions! Download our suggestion form and/or review our Suggestion Policies and Procedures
We invite you to browse through our site and join us for worship!
Temple secretary Mrs. Rae Tardif is in the temple office weekdays 9am-1pm.
For web content updates, please contact the Webmaster.